عدد المساهمات : 2370
نقاط : 162197
السٌّمعَة : 4
تاريخ التسجيل : 20/09/2008
العمر : 47
الموقع : www.aoua.123.st
|موضوع: TMA Cover Form FACULTY OF LANGUAGE STUDIES A230A: Reading and Studying Literature Part (I): STUDENT INFORMATION (to be completed by student) 1. Name: 2. Student ID No: 3. Section No: 4. Tel. : 5. E-mail: I confirm that the work prese الأربعاء نوفمبر 11, 2015 2:49 am|| |
TMA Cover Form
FACULTY OF LANGUAGE STUDIES
A230A: Reading and Studying Literature
Part (I): STUDENT INFORMATION (to be completed by student)
1. Name: 2. Student ID No:
3. Section No: 4. Tel. : 5. E-mail:
I confirm that the work presented here is my own and is not copied from any source.
Part (II): TUTOR'S REMARKS (to be completed by tutor)
Tutor name: Signature:
Date TMA received: Date returned:
Language and Organization
Candide is classified as dystopian literature which is a literary form that aims to disrupt the human convictions and draw people to question what they take for granted. Define the genre and explain how Candide fits into this paradigm and what kind of ideas are put to discussion in the novella (Optimism, racism, religious toleration, and women rights). In the final chapter of the novella, Candide says “let’s cultivate our garden,’ do you think this pronounces his intention to end his intellectual journey and put words to action or is it a call for further investigation, is the garden symbolic or real? Does Candide by this closing statement provide a new sense of optimism?
1. Use of E-library is a credit to your essay. Make sure the sources are academic.
2. Divide your articles into five paragraphs and discuss each question in a separate paragraph with examples and quotations from the novel.
3. The word count should rage from 1500-2000 words.
4. Revise the final document before submitting your TMA to avoid typos and grammatical mistakes.
5. Use the MLA style of documentation.
1. Voltaire (2005 ) Candide, or Optimism (trans. And ed. T. Cuffe, with an introduction by M. Wood), Harmondsworth, Penguin.
2. Cooper, A. A., Third Earl of Shaftesbury (2001 ) Characteristics of Men, Manners, Opinions, Times (ed. D.D. UYL), 3 vol, New York, Liberty Fund.
3. Braun, T.E.D and Radner, J.B. (eds) (2005) The Lisbon Earthquake of 1755: Representations and Reactions, Oxford, Voltaire Foundation.
GRADE CONTENT LANGUAGE & ORGANIZATION
(18-20) Excellent answers showing confident and wide-ranging knowledge of core material, good understanding of any relevant theory, and a capacity to address the question in a structural, direct and effective way, thoughtfully and with insight. Originality of thought or ideas from outside the course are an added asset. Examples are to the point. - Has an introduction defining plan of essay.
- Body divided into several paragraphs
- Conclusion which directly relates arguments to topic.
- Evidence that essay has been edited.
- Error-free grammar & register.
- Wide range of specialized terminology.
- Consistent in-text citation and form of referencing
B to B+
(16-17) Very good answers showing secure knowledge of course materials. Adopting an analytical approach and providing relevant discussion covering most of the key issues. Distinguished from A answers by being less insightful or by showing less comprehensive knowledge of the course. - First four criteria above maintained
- Demonstrates extensive grammar control.
- Terminology specialized but less varied.
- Minor Inconsistency in in-text citation and referencing
C to C+
(14-15) Competent answers reflecting adequate knowledge of the more directly relevant course material and concepts, with reasonable structure and adequate coherence related to the question set. - Introduction and/or conclusion short but still satisfactory.
- Evidence of editing.
- Less grammar control than above.
- Good range of specialized terminology.
- Inconsistent in in-text citation and referencing
Answers which omit some concepts /evidence and/or lack coherence /structure, and/or make minor errors while still demonstrating basic understanding. Or Bare pass answers which show awareness of some relevant material and attempt to relate it to the question. - Introduction and/or conclusion short but acceptable.
- no evidence of editing.
- Few grammatical errors that impede communication.
- Above average range of specialized terminology.
- Slightly confused introduction and/or conclusion, but body still fair.
- No evidence of editing.
- Some error types that impede communication.
- Fair range of specialized terminology.
- Inaccurate in-text citation and referencing
10 Answers which attempt to draw upon relevant material but do not reflect sufficient knowledge of the course and/or neglect the focus required by the question, and/or are incomplete in some important aspects whilst being acceptable in others. - No introduction and /or no conclusion.
- Body badly organized or irrelevant.
- Poor grammar control (extremely limited range of grammar & register).
- Limited or not specialized range of terminology.
- No in-text citations and no referencing
حلول جميع الواجبات
موبايل – واتس أب
حلول مضمونة لجميع الواجبات ومشاريع التخرج
حلول الواجبات غير مكررة ونسبة التشابه أقل من 10%