The Arts Past and Present II
First Semester 2016-2017
Cut-off date: Week 10
Format and Word Count:
The student’s work should be presented in an ESSAY of around 1200 words.
The essay should include a list of references (print and electronic) at the end in addition to in-text referencing as per the requirements of the Harvard Referencing System. Proper referencing is a serious academic requirement and skill and will be rewarded accordingly.
Writing and Discussion Topic:
Difference-blind liberalism implies that justice is a matter of treating everyone equally, regardless of their cultural identity. But the rule and exemption approach involves treating members of cultural minorities differently. Hence, a difference-blind liberal will object that the rule and exemption approach is unjust.
The arts Past and Present Book 3 Cultural Encounters p. 106
Over the course of history, the movement of individuals and populations has been a common occurrence. There are instances were these movements were voluntary. In other instances, they were caused by necessity, due to economic hardship and/or wars. The issue of immigrants and refugees in today’s world is central and is a heated one. Societies, western and non-western alike, seem divided over the issue. In the Western world, where most refugees seem to gravitate, the issue of refugees and migrants is often treated from the liberalism lens as these countries are professedly Lockean (after John Locke) in outlook. How does liberalism approach the issue of refugees/migrants and their reception/integration?
In the process of answering the TMA, you should make sure to include the below seven sub questions:
1) How does liberalism view humans and their rights?
2) Does liberalism justify discrimination? If yes, then on what grounds?
3) How does the “rule and exemption approach” approach the issue?
4) How does the “autonomy argument” approach the issue?
5) How does the “unequal impact argument” approach the issue?
6) How does the “argument by analogy” approach the issue?
7) How does the argument by Margalit and Raz approach the issue?
8) What is your reading of liberalism’s approach to the issue of refugees/migrants?
حلول جميع الواجبات
موبايل – واتس أب
حلول مضمونة لجميع الواجبات ومشاريع التخرج
حلول الواجبات غير مكررة ونسبة التشابه أقل من 10%