B121: Managing in the Workplace
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
TMA: B121 – Managing in the work place.
Cutoff date: ????????.
Please read these instructions carefully. However, contact your tutor in case of any difficulties with the instructions. You should submit your completed assignment to your tutor to arrive no later than the cut-off Date
Please use standard A4 size paper for your TMAs. Your name, personal identifier, course and assignment numbers must appear at the top of each sheet. Please leave wide margins and space at the end of each sheet for tutor comments. It is better to use double spacing so that you can easily handwrite corrections to your drafts and tutors have space to include their feedback on the script. Start each question in the assignment on a new page.
Completing and sending your assignments:
When you have completed your TMA, you must fill in the assignment form (PT3), taking care to fill all information correctly including your personal identifier, course code, section & tutor, and assignment numbers. Each TMA and its PT3 form should be uploaded on the AOU branch Learning Management System (LMS) within the cut-off date. Keep a copy of your TMA for security. Late submissions require approval from the branch course coordinator and will be subject to grade deductions. All assignments are treated in strict confidence.
It is very important that you ensure that your tutor receives each assignment by the cut-off date given. If you feel that you are unable to meet the cut-off date of the TMA because of unusual circumstances, please contact your tutor as soon as possible to discuss a possible extension to the cut-off date.
TMA weight: 20% of total course grade.
Course material: The Manager’s Good Study Guide, Third Edition, and the course reader.
Answering: Your response to the question should take the form of a full essay format divided into a number of paragraphs with introduction and conclusion without subheadings and bullet points.
Referencing: You must acknowledge all your sources of information using full Harvard Style Referencing (in-text referencing plus list of references at the end).
Textbook: For completing your assignment you can also take the help of your text book (The Managers good study guide), and the course reader.
E-library: You are expected to use E-library sources to support your answers. A minimum of 2 sources is required.
Word count: your answer is expected to be within the specified word count. A 10% deviation from word count limit is acceptable.
The Arab Open University Definitions of cheating and plagiarism.
According to the Arab Open University By-laws, “the following acts represent cases of cheating and plagiarism:
• Verbatim copying of printed material and submitting them as part of TMAs without proper academic acknowledgement and documentation.
• Verbatim copying of material from the Internet, including tables and graphics.
• Copying other students’ notes or reports.
• Using paid or unpaid material prepared for the student by individuals or firms.
• Utilization of, or proceeding to utilize, contraband materials or devices in examinations’’
Penalty on plagiarism:
The following is the standard plagiarism penalty applied across branches as per Article 11 of the university by-laws:
• Awarding of zero for a TMA wherein more than 20% of the content is plagiarized.
• Documentation of warning in student record
• Failure in the course to dismissal from the University.
• All University programmes are required to apply penalties that are consistent with the University by laws.
Examples of Plagiarism:
Copying from a single or multiple sources, this is where the student uses one or more of the following as the basis for the whole, or a good part, of the assignment:
• Published or unpublished books, articles or reports.
• The Internet.
• The media (e.g.TV programmes, radio programmes or newspaper articles) .
• An essay from an essay bank.
• A piece of work previously submitted by another student.
• Copying from a text which is about to be submitted for the same assignment
General instructions for students:
• Use of E-Library- Minimum two sources to support your answer (Add up to 5 % marks)
• TMA Presentation and Structure, and word (Add up to 5% marks)
• Referencing and in-text citation (Add up to 5% marks)
The aim of this TMA is to familiarize students with the external environment, and how the business influence and influenced by external environment.
Taking the AOU as a model of organization. Carry out the SWOT components at this organization, and discuss how AOU used its internal and external environment to survive and success.
TMA Guidance to Students
In well written essay and about 1000 words, discuss the above question.
Students are required to analyse the SWOT components and the subcategories for each component, and to reflect to AOU as an organization, how it uses its environment to success and survive.
Chapter 10-may help students to discuss the SWOT components, but it is not enough, so they should use external sources to discuss in details, especially the e-library.
Note: Student may select the branch that he studies in to discuss.
End of TMA
حلول جميع الواجبات
موبايل – واتس أب
حلول مضمونة لجميع الواجبات ومشاريع التخرج
حلول الواجبات غير مكررة ونسبة التشابه أقل من 10%