عدد المساهمات : 2348
نقاط : 156631
السٌّمعَة : 4
تاريخ التسجيل : 20/09/2008
العمر : 46
الموقع : www.aoua.123.st
|موضوع: TMA Cover Form FACULTY OF LANGUAGE STUDIES TMA COVER FORM: EL120: English Phonetics and Linguistics Part (I): STUDENT INFORMATION (to be completed by student) 1. Name: 2. Student ID No: 3. Section No: 4. Tel. الأربعاء نوفمبر 11, 2015 2:42 am|| |
TMA Cover Form
FACULTY OF LANGUAGE STUDIES
TMA COVER FORM: EL120: English Phonetics and Linguistics
Part (I): STUDENT INFORMATION (to be completed by student)
1. Name: 2. Student ID No:
3. Section No: 4. Tel. : 5. E-mail:
I confirm that the work presented here is my own and is not copied from any source.
Part (II): TUTOR'S REMARKS (to be completed by tutor)
Tutor name: Signature:
Date TMA received: Date returned:
Language and Organization
EL 120: English Phonetics and Linguistics
TMA: Fall Semester 2015-2016
TMA: 20 Points
Cut-off date: Week 11 (the exact date will be announced)
Prepared by Course Chair: Dr. Manar Shalaby
Proposed word length: 800 words
Write an essay of 800 words on the following topic:
Both Phonetics and Phonology study the sound system but in a different way. Give the definition of each aspect and show the difference between them. Illustrate your answer with concrete examples from English.
When you write on this topic, you can refer to the following ideas:
1. What is Phonetics and how it describes sounds (10 points)
2. What is Phonology? What is a phoneme? What’s the difference between phoneme and allophone? Give some examples of Phonological rules in English (10 points)
(Refer to Units 3, 4 and 5)
• Use at least two sources from the e-library, the Internet, etc. to help you support your answers with facts, definitions, examples, statistics, or others.
You could refer to some of the following references, but make sure to find some references of your own.
http://www.phon.ox.ac.uk/jcoleman/PHONOLOGY1.htm (a good reference)
Instructions to the students
1. Essay form
The two questions of this TMA should be written in academic essay form with introduction, body and conclusion. Please pay particular attention to grammar and spelling as marks will be deducted for that.
2. Using the e-library on campus:
Students are requested to visit the e-library on campus and use it to do their TMAs properly. They are also requested to show their tutor that they used the e-library in doing the TMA and to mention their sources in the reference list.
Please do not copy/paste: from any source this is plagiarism. The following are guidelines on plagiarism:
If you submit an assignment that contains work other than yours without acknowledging your sources, you are committing plagiarism. This might occur when:
• Using a sentence or phrase that you have come across
• Copying word-for-word directly from a text
• Paraphrasing the words from the text very closely
• Using text downloaded from the Internet
• Borrowing statistics or assembled fact from another person or source
• Copying or downloading figures, photographs, pictures or diagrams without acknowledging your sources
• Copying from the notes or essays of a fellow student
(Slightly adapted from OU document on quoting versus plagiarism)
It is important to remember that plagiarism is strictly barred and would be subject to punitive action by the Arab Open University.
GRADE CONTENT LANGUAGE & ORGANIZATION
(18-20) Excellent answers showing confident and wide-ranging knowledge of core material, good understanding of any relevant theory, and a capacity to address the question in a structural, direct and effective way, thoughtfully and with insight. Originality of thought or ideas from outside the course are an added asset. Examples are to the point. - Has an introduction defining plan of essay.
- Body divided into several paragraphs
- Conclusion which directly relates arguments to topic.
- Evidence that essay has been edited.
- Error-free grammar & register.
- Wide range of specialized terminology.
- Consistent in-text citation and form of referencing
B to B+
(16-17) Very good answers showing secure knowledge of course materials. Adopting an analytical approach and providing relevant discussion covering most of the key issues. Distinguished from A answers by being less insightful or by showing less comprehensive knowledge of the course. - First four criteria above maintained
- Demonstrates extensive grammar control.
- Terminology specialized but less varied.
- Minor Inconsistency in in-text citation and referencing
C to C+
(14-15) Competent answers reflecting adequate knowledge of the more directly relevant course material and concepts, with reasonable structure and adequate coherence related to the question set. - Introduction and/or conclusion short but still satisfactory.
- Evidence of editing.
- Less grammar control than above.
- Good range of specialized terminology.
- Inconsistent in in-text citation and referencing
Answers which omit some concepts /evidence and/or lack coherence /structure, and/or make minor errors while still demonstrating basic understanding. Or Bare pass answers which show awareness of some relevant material and attempt to relate it to the question. - Introduction and/or conclusion short but acceptable.
- no evidence of editing.
- Few grammatical errors that impede communication.
- Above average range of specialized terminology.
- Slightly confused introduction and/or conclusion, but body still fair.
- No evidence of editing.
- Some error types that impede communication.
- Fair range of specialized terminology.
- Inaccurate in-text citation and referencing
10 Answers which attempt to draw upon relevant material but do not reflect sufficient knowledge of the course and/or neglect the focus required by the question, and/or are incomplete in some important aspects whilst being acceptable in others. - No introduction and /or no conclusion.
- Body badly organized or irrelevant.
- Poor grammar control (extremely limited range of grammar & register).
- Limited or not specialized range of terminology.
- No in-text citations and no referencing
حلول جميع الواجبات
موبايل – واتس أب
حلول مضمونة لجميع الواجبات ومشاريع التخرج
حلول الواجبات غير مكررة ونسبة التشابه أقل من 10%