عدد المساهمات : 2370
نقاط : 162147
السٌّمعَة : 4
تاريخ التسجيل : 20/09/2008
العمر : 47
الموقع : www.aoua.123.st
|موضوع: ARAB OPEN UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF BUSINESS STUDIES B121: Managing in the Workplace Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) 2015- 2016 Semester-1 Fall 2015 TMA: B121 – Managing in the Work Place Cutoff date: 15th December 2015 Please read these الأربعاء نوفمبر 11, 2015 3:14 am|| |
ARAB OPEN UNIVERSITY
FACULTY OF BUSINESS STUDIES
B121: Managing in the Workplace
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
TMA: B121 – Managing in the Work Place
Cutoff date: 15th December 2015
Please read these instructions carefully. However, contact your tutor in case of any difficulties with the instructions. You should submit your completed assignment to your tutor to arrive no later than the cut-off Date
Please use standard A4 size paper for your TMAs. Your name, personal identifier, course and assignment numbers must appear at the top of each sheet. Please leave wide margins and space at the end of each sheet for tutor comments. It is better to use double spacing so that you can easily handwrite corrections to your drafts and tutors have space to include their feedback on the script. Start each question in the assignment on a new page.
Completing and sending your assignments:
When you have completed your TMA, you must fill in the assignment form (PT3), taking care to fill all information correctly including your personal identifier, course code, section & tutor, and assignment numbers. Each TMA and its PT3 form should be uploaded on the AOU branch Learning Management System (LMS) within the cut-off date. Keep a copy of your TMA for security. Late submissions require approval from the branch course coordinator and will be subject to grade deductions. All assignments are treated in strict confidence.
It is very important that you ensure that your tutor receives each assignment by the cut-off date given. If you feel that you are unable to meet the cut-off date of the TMA because of unusual circumstances, please contact your tutor as soon as possible to discuss a possible extension to the cut-off date.
TMA weight: 20% of total course grade.
Course material: The Manager’s Good Study Guide, Third Edition
Answering: Your response to the question should take the form of a full essay format divided into a number of paragraphs with introduction and conclusion without subheadings and bullet points.
Referencing: You must acknowledge all your sources of information using full Harvard Style Referencing (in-text referencing plus list of references at the end).
Textbook: For completing your assignment you can also take the help of your text book (The Managers good study guide),and resource book.
E-library: You are expected to use E-library sources to support your answers. A minimum of 4 sources is required.
Word count: your answer is expected to be within the specified word count. A 10% deviation from word count limit is acceptable.
The Arab Open University Definitions of cheating and plagiarism.
According to the Arab Open University By-laws, “the following acts represent cases of cheating and plagiarism:
• Verbatim copying of printed material and submitting them as part of TMAs without proper academic acknowledgement and documentation.
• Verbatim copying of material from the Internet, including tables and graphics.
• Copying other students’ notes or reports.
• Using paid or unpaid material prepared for the student by individuals or firms.
• Utilization of, or proceeding to utilize, contraband materials or devices in examinations’’
Penalty on plagiarism:
The following is the standard plagiarism penalty applied across branches as per Article 11 of the university by-laws:
• Awarding of zero for a TMA wherein more than 20% of the content is plagiarized.
• Documentation of warning in student record
• Failure in the course to dismissal from the University.
• All University programmes are required to apply penalties that are consistent with the University by laws.
Examples of Plagiarism:
Copying from a single or multiple sources, this is where the student uses one or more of the following as the basis for the whole, or a good part, of the assignment:
• Published or unpublished books, articles or reports.
• The Internet.
• The media (e.g.TV programmes, radio programmes or newspaper articles) .
• An essay from an essay bank.
• A piece of work previously submitted by another student.
• Copying from a text which is about to be submitted for the same assignment
General instructions for students:
• Use of E-Library- Minimum four sources to support your answer (Add up to 10 % marks)
• TMA Presentation and Structure, and word (Add up to 5% marks)
• Referencing and in-text citation (Add up to 5% marks)
The aim of this TMA is to familiarize students with the theoretical understanding of how and why managers do what they do in organizations.
Important note: Use example in the first three questions.
Answer the following questions, using an essay format. You need to draw and use the theoretical concepts, techniques, principles and models which you have learned in B121: The Manager’s Good Study Guide and external resources like e-library resources.
1. Define what communicating assertively means and Explain the importance of assertiveness in the context of the work place. (Word count: 250, Marks: 20).
2. Discuss different techniques for group work in the workplace. (Word count: 250, Marks 20)
3. Describe how the system influence and influenced by its environment. (Word count: 250, Marks 20).
4. Choose the organization you are working with or the one you are familiar with, and find the uses and experiences of conventional mentoring as a strategy for learning at work, by interviewing between five-ten employees. (Word count: 250, Marks 20)
TMA Guidance to Students
• Explain: Provide reasons for something. It also means to make plain, interpret and account for.
• Discuss: Investigate or examine by argument, to sift and debate, to give reasons for and against.
• Describe: Give a detailed or graphic account
• Analyze: Separate out a thing into its component parts to identify the components, to work out causes or to identify underlying principles.
End of TMA
حلول جميع الواجبات
موبايل – واتس أب
حلول مضمونة لجميع الواجبات ومشاريع التخرج
حلول الواجبات غير مكررة ونسبة التشابه أقل من 10%